9/05/2010

From the Idaho Potato Field





From the Idaho Potato Field




Idaho’s green field had small white flowers and pink flowers in July.

The harvest of potatoes is expected in September or October.

Sprinklers on the green field were making a rainbow against the sunset.



Grandmother who harvested potatoes in July came from her country house

To my city house with a bushel of her first harvested potatoes on her head

Along the 10-mile new unpaved highway.

All the potatoes that did not have any scars from the hoe were for me,

Her grandson who loved to eat potatoes.



Looking over the green field with small white flowers,

I saw my grandma who was walking from Oesachon to Chongup

With a bushel of potatoes on her head.

She was a white butterfly, or the white flower.

Tears streamed from my eyes to my cheeks.



“Grandson, are you still showing tears?”

She wiped my tears with her handkerchief.

“You are now 65.”

No comments:

Post a Comment